DO YOU NEED SOME SLEEP TIPS?
Are you one the the many millions of people all over the world who have trouble sleeping? If so, then you might find that some of my sleep tips outlined below may be of great help to you. People who have sleep problems regularly break all of the unwritten rules that people who sleep normally adhere to. In order to go to sleep easily and effortlessly and stay asleep all night long, it might be an idea to copy the habits of those that have no problems with sleeping.
SLEEP TIPS TO GET STARTED WITH TODAY
- Avoid caffeine – studies have shown that caffeine can disturb sleep. This is true especially if taken just before bedtime. It can also have an effect even if you are consuming caffeine much earlier in the day. Remember, caffeine can be found in drinks like tea, coffee and soft drinks. It can also can be found in certain foods like chocolate, biscuits, etc.
- Avoid nicotine before bedtime – nicotine is a stimulant
- Avoid alcohol before bedtime – it may seem like a good idea to drink to help you sleep. Howver it can lead to the second half of your sleep cycle being disrupted and waking up feeling not as rested as you could have been
- Regular bedtime – set a regular time that you always go to sleep at and a regular time to wake up at, and stick to it.
- Bed is for sleep only (and one other thing that shall remain unsaid!) Bed is not for lying awake not being able to sleep. If you find yourself lying awake, get up and be awake somewhere else in the house until you find yourself getting sleepy again. This is about training your brain to expect to go to sleep when you reach the bedroom.
- No TV or internet in bed! Remember, bed is for only two things!
SLEEP TIPS AND SELF HYPNOSIS
To help you re-establish a good sleeping pattern you can also download my self hypnosis recording Sleep Easily Naturally right now in mp3 format and listen for the next 28 nights to gently re-train your sleeping habits
I hope you find these sleep tips useful!